Position Description: The Facilities Associate will maintain the cleanliness and handle basic maintenance of the physical job site at Greater Newark Conservancy.
- Maintains Greater Newark Conservancy’s physical spaces, which includes two buildings, parking lot, and perimeter sidewalks, ensuring a safe, clean, and functional environment. This includes regularly scheduled cleaning of two buildings as well as clearing of snow and ice, as needed.
- Ensures assigned equipment is in proper working order and available for use.
- Works with Director of External Relations and Facilities Manager to manage and process work order requests; ensures problems are resolved quickly.
- Sets up tables and rooms for internal or external meetings and events.
- Assists Facilities Manager with special projects which may include gardening and horticulture.
- Maintains inventory of cleaning and other supplies; reorders as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
As a FoodCorps service member, you will lead hands-on lessons, influence healthy school meals, and build a schoolwide culture of health. Each year, FoodCorps, an AmeriCorps program, searches for its next round of leaders, including one working with Greater Newark Conservancy! The ideal candidate should believe that every child—no matter their race, place, or class—has a right to healthy food at school.
Visit the FoodCorps website for more information and to apply. Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Contact Sarah O'Leary, Director of Family and Youth Education, for questions and to schedule a pre-interview: email@example.com.
Jesuit Volunteer Corps (JVC)
Jesuit Volunteers (JV) have served at Greater Newark Conservancy in various capacities including Youth Farmstand and Community Greening Coordinator. As a JV, you live simply in community with other JV's working locally. For more information on JVC and to apply please click here.