The Facilities Assocaite will maintain the cleanliness and handle basic maintenance of the physical job site at Greater Newark Conservancy.
- Maintains Greater Newark Conservancy’s physical spaces, which includes two buildings, parking lot, and perimeter sidewalks, ensuring a safe, clean, and functional environment. This includes regularly scheduled cleaning of two buildings as well as clearing of snow and ice, as needed.
- Ensures assigned equipment is in proper working order and available for use.
- Works with Executive Director and Director of External Relations to manage and process work order requests; ensures problems are resolved quickly.
- Sets up tables and rooms for internal or external meetings and events
- Acts as liaison between employees and any outside contractors to resolve specialized problems, as needed
- Implement preventive maintenance schedules for buildings and equipment.
- Maintains inventory of cleaning and other supplies; reorders as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Nutrition Education Program Coordinator
- Develop and conduct programs and lessons from the Conservancy’s high quality nutrition curriculum to school groups.
- Develop and conduct nutrition education workshops for teachers, parents, seniors and other targeted audiences.
- Evaluate all programs; maintain statistical records and program user evaluations.
- Conduct community outreach, recruitment and scheduling of nutrition education programs.
- Oversee the writing and dissemination of the Conservancy’s weekly nutrition/health e-communication.
- Assist in the supervision of high school interns, FoodCorps service members, and dietetic interns.
- Assist with the grant proposal process (compiling materials, writing program narrative, calculating budgets, securing letters of support).
- Create education materials, including Powerpoint presentations, recipe cards, brochures, handouts according to up-to-date nutrition information.
As a FoodCorps service member, you will lead hands-on lessons, influence healthy school meals, and build a schoolwide culture of health. Each year, FoodCorps, an AmeriCorps program, searches for its next round of leaders, including one working with Greater Newark Conservancy! The ideal candidate should believe that every child—no matter their race, place, or class—has a right to healthy food at school.
Visit the FoodCorps website for more information and to apply. Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Contact Sarah O'Leary, Director of Family and Youth Education, for questions and to schedule a pre-interview: email@example.com.
Jesuit Volunteer Corps (JVC)
Jesuit Volunteers (JV) have served at Greater Newark Conservancy in various capacities including Youth Farmstand and Community Greening Coordinator. As a JV, you live simply in community with other JV's working locally. For more information on JVC and to apply please click here.