During the current COVID-19 crisis, we have had to put some of our on-site programs temporarily on hold. However, we continue to offer a number of programs and activities at our farm, as well as, virtually.
- We continue to be the host site for the Emergency Food Distribution System for Newark seniors and families. In partnership with organizations such as CareSparc Consulting, Lincoln Park Coast Cultural District, and Table to Table, each week volunteers help pack bags full of veggies, fruits, herbs, and other healthy foods which go directly to 1200 seniors in Newark. Our goal is to increase the distribution program to feed 2500 seniors and families each week! To read more about this effort click here.
- Our educators are sharing helpful, fun, and informative videos and lessons plans as resources for parents and educators.
- Our farmers continue to work at the Hawthorne Avenue Farm and are busy planting seeds to ensure a bountiful and healthy harvest that we can share with our local community.
- We have donated hundreds of seeds and seedlings to community organizations and gardeners throughout Newark.
- With enhanced safety protocol, we have opened our Plot It Fresh program to the community so they can plant crops in their raised garden beds.
Your donation will help us to continue operations during COVID-19 and beyond!
Your donation will go even further with a matching gift from your company!